Nov 08 , 2019
This is a really easy, step-by-step guide to introduce you to the practice of meditation. It's designed to get you acclimated with your natural rhythm and breath flow. Meditation has become very popular in the West because it is a stress-reduction technique and stress is inevitable. The practice can be done anywhere, anytime and by anyone.
Here are the steps:
- Find a quiet location, indoors or outdoors.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and examine your breath.
- Acknowledge the sensations you experience while breathing. Notice the rise and fall of the belly, chest, and shoulders. Feel the coolness on the inhales and the heat on the exhale through your nostrils.
- If your mind begins to wander, slowly bring your awareness back to your breath.
Do this for 2-3 minutes per day and gradually increase your time. You may also try to meditate to a soundtrack. [Click here] to listen to one of our favorite meditation songs.