Nov 08 , 2019
This is a really easy, step-by-step guide to introduce you to the practice of meditation. It's designed to get you acclimated with your natural rhythm and breath flow. Meditation has become very popular in the West because it is a stress-reduction technique and stress is inevitable. In the East, children are taught how to meditate at an early age so they may have the tools to combat any situation they counter. It is an ancient healing practice that can be done by anyone, anywhere and anytime.
Here are the steps:
- Create the space, indoors or outdoors.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and examine your breath.
- Acknowledge the sensations you experience while breathing.
- As your mind begins to wander, make a valid effort to bring your awareness back to your breath.
- Begin with 3-5 minutes each day and gradually increase your time.